Friday, December 26, 2008

Artificial Intelligence: 20 More year for Moore's Law

Physicist Michio Kaku predicts the future of silicon based technology for highly efficient computing which is needed for achieving the Artificial Intelligence.

The two fundamental problems which persists for artificial intelligence in robotics are Vision and Common Sense.
He argues that even if Moore's law holds for 50 more years, it will just reach our range of capabilities. But, he predicts that by 20 years the devices made with silicon will not be able to hold it. Since the thinnest silicon layer would be 5 atoms thick.

He suggests that the future is Quantum computing.
See the interesting interview video...



BasantG:
I think I am poor in knowledge about these robotics and in depth idea about even computer technology. I was not even familiar to this Michiko Kaku-may be thats because of I am from different area of Science. But I should have known this.

New technolgy coming soon and soon always fascinates me. In my opinion-all technology and science should serve for mankind. This is what I hope and expect in this case also. Scientists are those who can predict, have dream and imagine new things. I think these quantum computer are not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment